Park Lane Development - updated 28/4/16
This development will be discussed at a forthcoming Planning Meeting on May 5th in Beverley.
At a Cottingham Parish Council Planning Committee Meeting held on the 4th November the proposed development was again rejected.
On a unanimous decision the Cottingham Parish Council Planning Committee strongly objected to this application on the following grounds:
• The site had been ejected in the emerging ERYC Local Plan as it was within Source Protection Zone 1 and development could compromise the integrity of the local groundwater sources. It also intruded into the open countryside
• The site was outside the building development limit set out in the Beverley Borough Plan
• The site regularly flooded and the attenuation proposed by the developer would be inadequate
• General flooding and drainage concerns, including who would maintain any systems once the development was sold on
• Sewerage issues – where would it go as Cottingham sewers are already up to capacity as evidenced by the overflow of sewerage into gardens in numerous locations during recent periods of heavy rain
• Inadequate provision for cars
• Highway safety would be compromised by increased traffic both on Park Lane itself and at the access onto Northgate
• The development was against the emerging Neighbourhood Plan
• The Committee feel very strongly that no development should take place until the necessary infrastructure improvements that Cottingham needs have been put in place.
• Should the ERYC Planning Officer not agree with the Committee’s decision then it was agreed that this application should go before the ERYC Planning Committee.
Below is a link to the ERYC Planning Portal. Information regarding the proposed residential development of 88 houses.
Below is the layout of the proposed development.